The Northwest Scientific Association is recruiting volunteers to serve as Associate Editors and Forum Editor of Northwest Science. Associate Editors (AEs) for the journal Northwest Science play a vital role in the peer review and publishing process. The primary responsibility is to referee the peer review of scientific manuscripts that are submitted to the journal. This is largely accomplished through finding, contacting, and monitoring the progress of experts that are sufficiently qualified to judge the scientific merits of the work being presented for publication. In addition, AEs are often tasked with assessing the appropriateness of review responses and coordinating subsequent review, if necessary, of re-submitted manuscripts.
Currently vacant Associate Editor positions:
- Coastal Marine Ecology
Basic qualifications of Associate Editors include:
- Established record of scientific publications
- Breadth of scientific knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Availability to coordinate review of up to two new manuscripts at once and at least five per year
- Appreciation of the value and opportunity afforded by a regional journal.
Interested individuals should contact Incoming Editor Jessica Halofsky.